DIY Lip Balm: How to Make Your Own Lip Balm


My Homemade Honey Tinted Lip Balm

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you will know that i had a Lip Balm disaster. I did not have time to buy a new one and the weather was getting increasingly cold leaving my lips chapped and cracked.  It was painful, so i decided to make the Lip Balm at home using the ingredients that were available. 

Let's get started...



Coconut oil, Honey, Petroleum Jelly for DIY Lip Balm


Ingredients
  • Petroleum Jelly or Bees Wax (Since i don't have bees wax, i'm using petroleum jelly for this DIY project) - 1 table spoon
  • Coconut or Olive oil ( I'm using coconut oil ) - 1 table spoon
  • Honey  - 1/2 table spoon
  • Lipstick / Eye shadow / Blush / Food Colour ( I'm using lipstick for colour ) - Scraped a tiny amount of lipstick.

Steps

1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and put it inside the microwave for 25 seconds. I decided to use the double heating method, but you can do whichever is easier for you.



Petroleum Jelly, Coconut oil, honey and lipstick pured into a container and let it melt



2. Mix all the ingredients well, so you have a runny consistency. 

Mix the ingredients well till you have a runny consistency


3. Pour the mixture in to a small container.
(You can buy the containers from any drug store like Boots or Superdrug. I recycled my Dr sporty lip balm container. I washed it well and poured the lip balm mixture into the cylinder container and the remaining i used a small cream container. I am good at recycling things, aren't I ? )

My Homemade DIY Lip Balm is ready

 DIY Lip Balm

4. let it cool down for 10 minutes before keeping it in the freeze. 

5. After10 minutes, keep the lip balm container in the fridge for 1 1/2 hour.

6. Your homemade Lip Balm is ready to use.

Why don't you give this DIY a try and make your own Lip Balm. Believe me, it's very easy. If i can do this, anybody can :)

Christmas is around the corner, why not make extra and give the Lip Balms as a gift to your loved ones. I am sure they will love it. 
You can gift this even to your male colleagues, friends or family members. Don't put the lipstick or any of the coulouring ingredient. 

Don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you decide to give this Lip Balm a try. I would love to see your version.

P.S. - Thank you everyone who took part in Naaj Ronas Lifestyle Survey much appreciated. I have taken your feedback on board and working on it. But, please bear with me as this may take time to put into action. 
Life is full on with long working hours, hospital appointments and blogging. But, I will get there eventually. Once again, a big Thank You!

14 comments:

  1. ooh this is so cool! I didn't know this was possible., thanks for sharing and I might as well try this too!

    xo, Carla
    www.CarlaViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this 2moro.. :)
    I have tagged you for 'Would you Rather ? " Tag.
    Would love if you check it.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/12/would-you-rather-tag.html
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ypu make it look so easy I going to give it a try. Have a great weekend doll
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, dear Naaj, I hope you are welll and work was okay for you this week.

    Thanks for showing this great idea, I´m always impressed about what you are mix by yourself and I think such selbmade products are much better than the stuff we can buy :)

    Wish you a happy and lovely advent weekend!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome. Thanks for sharing Naaj.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a minute, I will love for you to enter a Worldwide Christmas Giveaway i am hosting.
      10 winners will be selected:

      http://www.thefashionstirfry.com/2013/12/persunmall-christmas-giveaway.html#.UqbGTeKmctg

      Delete
  6. Yay! A Cool DIY Christmas Gift! :D

    I Hope You Are Keeping Good, Naaj :)

    Btw,In 5th Sentence, It's Fridge Instead of Bridge :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are so smart. I never would have known about this. Thanks for sharing such a helpful post. Hope everything is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS POST! ^^ its very detailed and useful. i think its clever of you to use lipstick, that way it can also leave a soft color tint on your lips when you use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your nice comments, dear Naaj, I hope you had a good week so far and your appointment was okay for you.

    You are still in my thoughts <3

    Kisses from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely! I'm way to lazy do stuff like that.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so interesting! You really can't find a good home-made version of lip balm but this sounds great.

    Zoha xx
    www.wardrobe09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... I guess I wouldn't make it myself, but I would love getting such a home crafted lip balm from a friend who knows how to make it ;))

    Thank you for your comments. I've seen you checking my blog and leaving comments, but I never followed you back. Now I search for your name and finally found your blog which I really like and I will follow you on Bloglovin :)))
    xx

    Lu
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, nice work!
    I'll do it when I have some free time!
    By the way, I follow you!
    Have a nice weekend
    walkingthroughthestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now and Never Miss a Post

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner